- African Activist Archive Project, by the African Studies Center with MATRIX digital humanities center at Michigan State University
- Community Organization Collections contains information on accessing physical archives at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- The Free Speech Movement Archives from the event that many argue started the U.S. 1960s student movement.
- National American Women's Suffrage Association (19th/20th C.)
- Northwestern University Settlement Association Records
- Pacific Institute for Community Organization (PICO) Collection: William F. Masterson Papers, 1972-1996 at Loyola Marymount University in LA.
- The Pacifica Foundation/UC Berkeley Social Activism Sound Recording Project , covering Berkeley 1960s social activism with special emphasis on the Free Speech Movement.
- Thomas Gaudette Archive at Loyola Marymount Univiversity in LA contains memos, artcicles, tapes and videos of community organizing since the early 1900s.
- University of Massachusetts at Boston archive
- Urban Planning Aid Archives
- Women and Social Movements in the United States, 1830-1930 a rich collection of primary documents related to women and social movements in the United States between 1830 and 1930 at the State University of New York at Binghamton.