[COMM-ORG] query: Community Advisory Boards

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Thu Sep 29 11:56:40 CDT 2011

[ed:  Len continues the discussion.]

From: ErbL <ErbL at roberts.edu>

Martin,

Chicago would not be a good indicator of what Salvation Army advisory
boards are like in communities that are not divisional headquarters'
cities. In a headquarters city, the DHQ has its own advisory board and
occasionally lets its Corps Community Centers have committee structures
that have much less authority than an advisory board. What I like about
their advisory boards is that they have to sign off on any projects that
are developed locally and they can be as engaged as they wish to be in
direct involvement of project development, often are the lead group
making things happen. My familiarity comes from over 40 years of working
both inside their system and over the past 30 years as a consultant.

Len