[COMM-ORG] PICO National Network health care organizing

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 25 09:03:01 CDT 2010

From: PICO National Network <news at piconetwork.org>

To view this message in a browser:
Dear Friend,

As health care changes begin to phase in we want to keep you in the

Yesterday, the federal government released new rules aimed at protecting
children and adults who have pre-existing conditions and slowing down
premium increases by insurance companies. Click here

to learn more about the details.

Across the country, PICO federations are working to educate people in
our communities about what health care changes will mean for each of us.
We want to make sure that every family and community is able to benefit
from reform.

For example, last week, the MICAH Project

brought together fifty people at St. Mary of the Angels Church in New
Orleans, LA to learn how health care reform will help their families. It
was the first educational convening of its kind in the city and gave
people an opportunity to ask experts important questions like, "How can
I get the $250 available to seniors with Medicare?" "What help is
available for small businesses?" "What are my protections with insurance
companies regarding pre-existing conditions?" You can read an article in
the Times-Picayune about the event here

To learn more, click here

to download a presentation on how health reform will impact you and your

Thank you,

PICO National Network

Copyright (c) 2010 PICO
Our address is 110 Maryland Avenue NE, Suite 407, Washington, DC, 20002,