COMM-ORG 2008 Call for Papers
Discussion list for COMM-ORG
colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 29 09:06:34 CST 2008
Hi COMM-ORG. This is the annual call for papers. Please feel welcomed
to forward this message.
Are you writing a paper on:
* community organizing?
* community development?
* community planning?
* community-based research?
* a related area?
COMM-ORG is looking for papers to post on the COMM-ORG Papers page. All
papers are posted on the COMM-ORG website and announced on its
accompanying list-serve, which reaches over 1000 people across more than
a dozen nations. We welcome discussion of all papers on the list-serve
and encourage our members to also send comments directly to authors.
To submit a paper contact the editor, Randy Stoecker, at
randy at comm-org.wisc.edu.
Authors retain complete control over their work, and COMM-ORG supports
authors revising their papers for submission to journals, trade
publications, or anywhere. Because COMM-ORG is an on-line "conference,"
papers presented on COMM-ORG are regularly published in journals and
COMM-ORG welcomes papers from scholars, organizers, and
scholar-organizers. We also welcome previously published hard-to-find
We are especially interested in papers on the following and other topics:
* What works and what doesn't in community organizing,
planning, and development.
* Real-life stories of community organizing and/or development
* The relationships between theories and practices in community
* The history of community organizing in a changing
* Linkages between community organizing and community development.
* Linkages between community organizing and planning.
* The roles of religious institutions in community organizing.
* Linkages between community organizing and social movements.
* The roles of gender, race, identity, and ideology in
* Activist-academic collaborations in community organizing.
If you wish to submit a paper:
* The paper must be submitted electronically to
randy at comm-org.wisc.edu using a word processing or html format;
absolutely no pdf files will be considered.
* Text must be in single column format.
* You agree that your paper will be formatted in html using the
More information about the Colist