Job: Voter File Manager for Progressive Organizations, New Hampshire, no salary info
Discussion list for COMM-ORG
colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Mon Feb 25 22:16:19 CST 2008
From: "Josiette White" <josiette at gmail.com>
ISSI is a not-for-profit corporation established to provide on the
ground state-based data management, targeting and coalition-building
advice and services to a variety of clients, including advocacy groups,
charities and political organizations. These services are
interconnected and while each team member may specialize in a particular
area all staff collaborate extensively on a range of projects for
disparate clients such as the America Votes coalition (including
extensive work with some of the largest progressive organizations in the
country http://www.americavotes.org/coalition/), the Civic Engagement
Fund, the Wellstone Action Fund, and the Center for Civic Participation.
We seek a highly motivated individual for our Data and Targeting
operations in New Hampshire. Strong candidates should have a
combination of technical and interpersonal skills to successfully work
with state and national organizations improving the function and
efficiency of their partisan or nonpartisan electoral programs.
Job Functions (depending on specific state or national position):
1. Conduct general voter targeting; research and identify
cost-effective voter contact strategies.
2. Provide specific voter targeting and analysis (emphasis on
modeling, micro-targeting, demographic and geographic factors) to
3. Administer distinct America Votes and CEF voter file systems using
Catalist (http://www.catalist.us/) and the VAN
4. Ensure that users of the VAN voter file system receive appropriate
training and support for effective and appropriate use.
5. Manage a state-based Voter Targeting Workgroup consisting of
individuals interested in building in-state capacity for targeting and
6. Work with partners to establish best practices and standards for
data collection (e.g., IDs), data acquisition and preservation in the
shared voter file.
7. Coordinate large-scale voter contact programs utilizing the VAN
Planned Communications tool or subsequent technology.
8. Assist partners in conducting real-time voter contact field tests
as well as turnout and post-election analysis to measure program
9. Identify technological challenges facing organizations doing
electoral work; seek solutions; and, work with those groups to implement
10. Participate in national data and technology teams dedicated to
building a permanent shared national technological infrastructure.
11. Understand and implement internal protocols to maintain client
confidentiality and provide services that are consistent with each
client's particular legal status.
* A strong commitment to progressive and charitable causes is a must.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the
ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical individuals.
* Candidates should have a basic understanding of common direct
voter contact programs (phone, mail, canvass, etc).
* Familiarity with online electoral tools including the VAN (Voter
Activation Network) system is highly desirable.
* Candidates should have experience in the use of data and analytics
to drive effective decision-making.
* Strong Excel skills are required and candidates should have some
experience (or the ability to quickly learn) database management and
operations using a desktop-scale platform such as Microsoft Access or
more advanced SQL and query construction.
* Diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving and the
ability to think independently and creatively.
* Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently and
prioritize work effectively.
* Must exercise good judgment and discretion and be able to work
independently and as a member of a group
* Must be a self-starter; willing to work sometimes long, irregular
hours and to travel as needed.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Benefits include health,
dental, vision and 401K.
To apply, please email a copy of your resume, a cover letter and three
references to jobs at infoservicesgroup.net.
ISSI is an equal opportunity employer.
New Hampshire State Director
email: josiette at americavotes.org
Find out more about America Votes at www.americavotes.org
More information about the Colist