Registration Now Open - Community-Campus Partnerships for Health 10th Anniversary Conference

colist at colist at
Sat Jan 20 08:33:46 CST 2007

From: Sarena Seifer <sarena at>

Dear COMM-ORG colleagues,

Online registration now open! Register by February 16 to receive discounted
early-bird registration rates!

How do we combine the knowledge and wisdom in communities and in academic
institutions to solve the major health, social and economic challenges
our society? How do we ensure that community-driven social change is
central to
service-learning and community-based participatory research?

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health (CCPH) is convening our 10th
anniversary conference from April 11-14, 2007 in Toronto to nurture a
growing network of community-campus partnerships that are striving to
achieve the systems and policy changes needed to address the root causes
of health, social, and economic inequalities. The conference,
"Mobilizing Partnerships for Social Change," seeks to build knowledge,
skills and actions for achieving healthy and just societies.  Subthemes
*Understanding and Addressing the Social Determinants of Health
*From Grassroots Movements to Policy Change
*Communities as Centers of Learning, Discovery and Engagement
*Developing the Science of Community-Based or Practice-Based Evidence

The conference - our first in Canada - promises to be one of our best
ever!  We're expecting over 500 participants, reflecting key
stakeholders in
community-campus partnerships and community-driven social change.

Features this year include:

* Pre-conference workshops on such topics as Asset-Based Community
Development, Essentials for Effective Service-Learning Initiatives and
Community-Based Research to Affect Public Policy
* A focus on Aboriginal and Indigenous Peoples' Health
* An Emerging Leaders Track, designed by and for students
* Site visits of innovative community-campus partnerships in one of the
most diverse cities in the world!
* One-day registration rates for local community-based participants

REGISTER TODAY!  Register online at

Registration Deadlines:
Friday February 16, 2007 - for early-bird registration
Friday March 30, 2007 - for advanced registration

Hilton Toronto Hotel -
*To get the discounted conference room rate, reserve your room by March

*Find answers to your questions about the conference, including
scholarships with upcoming deadlines.

*Descriptions of pre-conference workshops, sessions & posters are now

*Meet our cosponsors and exhibitors at

Contact Shelly Tolo at toloevents at or 1 (206) 962-0012

Community-Campus Partnerships for Health promotes health (broadly
defined) through partnerships between communities and higher educational
institutions.  Become a member today at

CCPH 10th Anniversary Conference, April 11-14, 2007 in Toronto
"Mobilizing Partnerships for Social Change"
Register today at