job: senior organizer/trainer, Boston, no salary info
colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Thu Apr 19 22:13:47 CDT 2007
From: "Xavier Benavides" <XBenavides at OxfamAmerica.org>
Based in Boston, MA
Oxfam America is a nonprofit, international agency that funds long-term
development and disaster relief projects in 28 countries throughout
Africa, Asia, the Americas, and the Caribbean. Our grants promote
self-reliance by local communities that strive to increase food
production, encourage local institution building, and foster
participatory development. Oxfam America speaks out about public
policies that affect our partners around the world. We also produce
educational materials on issues of hunger and development and campaign
to change the structures that keep people in poverty.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Increase awareness of poverty and social justice issues and support for
Oxfam America using grassroots marketing and communications strategies
to recruit and cultivate individuals and groups. Through coordination
with the Outreach Team, provide leadership and strategic direction for
the CHANGE Initiative. Represent Oxfam to the public, particularly the
critical 18-25 youth segment, at conferences, trainings and other
opportunities. Increase Oxfam’s partnerships and explore new trends
through collaborations with allied organizations. Supervise volunteers
and interns working on Outreach related projects. Serve as member of
Campaigns & Outreach Team, helping plan and coordinate Oxfam America’s
popular campaigning and constituency building efforts.
1. Lead on collaboration with Campaigns, Policy, and other Oxfam staff
to develop CHANGE, Oxfam’s student leadership and advocacy program, and
other regional and national trainings.
2. Develop strategies to enhance and expand the CHANGE Initiative to
ensure it remains at the forefront of student training programs,
including relevant internet enhancements, e- communications, curriculum
3. Continuously develop and test new methods for constituency
recruitment and retention (canvassing, house parties, phone banking,
flash video, etc). Monitors and evaluates.
4. Cultivate volunteers and speakers who can represent Oxfam regionally
and support grassroots activities throughout the country.
5. Initiate and provide support to Oxfam Clubs and other campus and
community groups organizing in support of Oxfam’s mission.
6. Incorporate evaluation, tracking, and reporting into all aspects of
outreach and program work, writing reports as required.
7. Represent Oxfam at national and regional conferences, on campuses,
and at other venues.
8. Assist in the development of educational and promotional materials.
9. Collaborate with Oxfam’s regional offices and Oxfam affiliates
10. Provide supervision and support to volunteers and interns.
Competitive wages and full benefits.
For more information:
Contact HR at jobs at oxfamamerica.org or visit us online at
Senior Organizer & Training Specialist
226 Causeway Street, 5th Floor
Boston, MA 02114-2206
800-77-OXFAM | 617-728-2488 | 617-728-2595 (fax)
More information about the Colist