[COMM-ORG] job: part-time field organizer base in Raliegh North Carolina or Atlanta Georgia, with salary info
Discussion list for COMM-ORG
colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sun Feb 9 09:39:28 CST 2014
From: Susan Berryman-Rodriguez <sbrodriguez at lungga.org>
Project description: Mothers & Others for Clean Air is expanding into a
regional coalition of health-focused advocates that promote policy
driven improvements in air quality. This project seeks to form
partnerships, grow support and achieve concrete steps toward improved
air quality in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina.
• Establish support among academia, medicine, education and children’s
• Increase air quality awareness information aimed at targeted
supporters in addition to the general public.
• Promote M&O Public Policy Agenda as a guide for air action.
• Demonstrate public support for science-based federal air quality
• Push for policies to reduce emissions from stationary and mobile sources.
• Urge policies for energy efficiency and energy alternatives in both
the public and private sector.
• Implement a three-year funding plan.
• Establish a structure that includes partners, supporters, volunteers
The Field Organizer will have direct responsibility for:
• Member Recruitment and Development: Oversee recruitment of new partner
groups and individuals from medical/public health, academia, education,
and child advocacy groups in Georgia and North Carolina. Coordinate
on-line systems, materials and tools to identify, recruit, engage and
develop partners, volunteers and leaders in the medical/public health
and child advocacy fields, attend conferences and network with potential
partner organizations. Support M&O Project Director in member advocacy
trainings and presentations.
• Campaign Direction/Supervision: Develop and support campaign
activities for M&O Partners and volunteers. Coordinate one
member/grassroots event in Georgia and North Carolina.
• Communications: Develop social media outreach including action alerts,
website, Facebook and twitter content.
• Fundraising/Financial Management: Plan and coordinate on-line/social
networking technology to increase donations, etc. Assist Project
Director with annual fundraising plan and activities.
• Four-year college degree in communication, health, environment or
• At least five years’ experience in grassroots volunteer mobilization
or online or field organizing, and web-based constituent relationship
• At least two years organizing experience with an environmental or
public health organization.
• Ability to work independently. Good planning skills, time management,
ability to prioritize work and account for results.
• Demonstrated ability to work well with diverse populations.
• Strong organizational and communication (both written and oral) skills.
• Experience with fundraising and nonprofit work.
• Proficiency with databases, MS Office; social media platforms, and
willingness to learn other software programs.
• Willingness to travel out of state as needed.
• Must be a non-smoker
Pay: $2,000 a month for part-time work until October 31, 2014.
Travel Required: As needed. Travel reimbursed.
Experience Required: 5 plus years
Preferred Major: Environmental, health or science-related helpful but
Degree Required: Bachelors
Reports To: M&O Project Director
How to Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Susan Berryman-Rodriguez,
sbrodriguez at lunnga.org.
Mothers & Others for Clean Air, a project of the American Lung
Association in Georgia, is a partnership of leading public health,
environmental and child advocacy organizations dedicated to improving
air quality by educating the public about the negative health impacts of
air pollution and engaging people in both individual change and public
All the best,
Susan Berryman Rodriguez | Project Director
Mothers and Others for Clean Air: American Lung Association in Georgia
2452 Spring Rd | Smyrna, GA 30080
O: 770-544-0508 | C: 404-858.3964 | F: 770-319-0349
| www.mocleanair.org | mailto:sbrodriguez at lungga.org
More information about the Colist