[COMM-ORG] Launch Progress on Ferguson

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Fri Aug 22 09:24:25 CDT 2014

From: Poy Winichakul <info at launchprogress.org>

Friend -
p. On August 9, an 18-year-old boy was shot multiple times and killed by
a police officer. By now, most of you know this boy as Mike Brown, a
young, black man from Ferguson, Missouri.

I don't pretend to know the experiences of young, black men in America.
I am not black. I am not a man.

But I am American. And as an American-as a human being-I stand with Mike
Brown's family in their anger and deep sadness. I stand with our friends
at Million Hoodies Movement for Justice <http://www.mhoodies.org/> ,
working to empower young people of color to build safer, more racially
tolerant communities. I stand with thousands of allies from all
backgrounds who know that the events in Ferguson affect us all.

Because Ferguson is America. As Americans, what is happening in Ferguson
is connected to all of the issues we care about, all of the values we
hold, and all that makes us American.

We are taking a stand <http://www.launchprogress.org/protect_voting>.
And you can too.

It's clear that we need leadership that will end police brutality and
racial profiling. LaunchProgress encourages young people to be that
leadership as elected officials. Today we are partnering
<http://protectvoting.com/?source=LaunchProgress> with Rock the Vote and
50 other allies to encourage young people to make sure their voices are
also heard at the polls this election year and beyond.

We can each take a stand. Make your voice count. Act now
<http://protectvoting.com/?source=LaunchProgress>.

Poy Winichakul,
Co-Founder and Co-Director, LaunchProgress Action Fund

www.launchprogress.org <http://www.launchprogress.org>

"":http://protectvoting.com/?source=LaunchProgress

"":http://www.repealhydeartproject.org/new-page/

  <http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/08/18/amnesty-international-has-come-to-ferguson/> "":http://www.rockthevote.com/get-informed/elections/

-=-=-
LaunchProgress - 1072 Bedford Ave, Suite 97, Brooklyn, NY 11216, United
States
This email was sent to Colist at comm-org.wisc.edu.  To stop receiving