[COMM-ORG] discuss: killing of Michael Brown and community organizing

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Thu Aug 14 18:42:16 CDT 2014

Hi COMM-ORG,

Along with the Ferguson's African American response to the killing and
to the militarized police response being widely reported, there are
other localized responses, including a silent vigil movement, see
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-28797284, "hands up, don't shoot
actions spreading across St. Louis, see
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-hands-up-20140813-story.html, to
Howard University, see