[COMM-ORG] query: survey of CDCs

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Thu May 16 21:00:05 CDT 2013

[ed:  thanks to Rukshan and Corianne for continuing the discussion.]

From: Rukshan Fernando <rukshan.fernando at gmail.com>

Hello all,

I just completed my dissertation on the community participation of board
and staff members of CDCs. The surveyed organizations were all from
Indianapolis, Indiana.  I hope to publish the literature review and the
data analysis in 2 articles in the coming year..

Rukshan Fernando
Associate Professor and BSW Program Director
Azusa Pacific University
Azusa, CA 91702

***********************************

From:
Corianne Scally <coriannescally at gmail.com>

James - The last one I know of was done by NACEDA (NCCED's reincarnation as
an association of state and local associations) and released in 2010:
http://www.naceda.org/sites/default/files/Rising%20Above_Final%20NACEDA%20Census%20Report.pdf.
The methodology is not comparable to earlier NCCED census surveys. It does
take a look at foreclosure crisis response by CDCs.

You will have to contact them to see if they have any plans to repeat this
in the near future.

Do keep me posted. I'm interested in your train of thought.

Best,
Corianne