[COMM-ORG] Request for study participation: Creative Process and Community Organizing

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sun May 5 08:43:29 CDT 2013

Creative Process and Community Organizing Project
From: Andrew Schoeneman <schoenemanac at vcu.edu>

Dear CO Friends and Colleagues,

We (Jason Sawyer and Andrew Schoeneman) would like to ask you to
participate in a research project we are doing. We are both students in
the School of Social Work at Virginia Commonwealth University, and we
both have experience as community organizers. The purpose of this
project is to better understand how creativity, the creative process,
and the arts are used in community organizing and social change, which
we hope will then help these efforts to be even more effective.

If you have participated in community organizing efforts, which I'm sure
most if not all of you have, you would be an ideal participant. The main
task involved is completing an online survey, which will take about 20
minutes. Before doing that, you can contact Jason or Andrew at the email
addresses or phone numbers below -- we'd welcome your questions,
suggestions, and input regarding the project. Or you can simply click on
the link below and complete the survey.

Jason Sawyer
Email: sawyerjm2 at vcu.edu
Phone: 804-882-0647

Andrew Schoeneman
Email: schoenemanac at vcu.edu
Phone: 804-874-0261

Link to the survey:

http://qeasttrial.us2.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ePys2jw5yyhHdGZ

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,

Andrew

PS – If you would like to help recruit more participants, you can use
the text and send an email to anyone currently or formerly involved in
community organizing. Thanks!

****************************

Participant Request Template:

Dear ______________,

I am helping to recruit participants in a research project being
conducted by Jason Sawyer and Andrew Schoeneman at Virginia Commonwealth
University. The purpose of the project is to understand how creativity,
the creative process, and the arts are used in community organizing and
social change. As someone who currently or formerly participated in
community organizing efforts, you would be eligible to participate. All
you have to do is complete an online survey which will take about 20
minutes. Before doing that, you can contact Jason or Andrew at the email
addresses or phone numbers below. Or you can simply click on the link

Email: sawyerjm2 at vcu.edu
Phone: 804-882-0647

Andrew Schoeneman
Email: schoenemanac at vcu.edu
Phone: 804-874-0261

Link to the survey:
http://qeasttrial.us2.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ePys2jw5yyhHdGZ

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

PS – If you would like to help recruit more participants, please copy
and paste the body of this email and send it by email to anyone
currently or formerly involved in community organizing. Thanks!

--
Andrew C. Schoeneman, MIIM
Doctoral Candidate