[COMM-ORG] query: Organizing for Action

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sun May 5 08:38:13 CDT 2013

[ed: apologies for the delay in getting messages out this week. It's
been busier than normal. Please feel welcomed to engage this discussion
on COMM-ORG.]

From: Michael Rothschuh <michael at rothschuh.de>

For Discussion;
What do you think about „Organizing for Action“? There are similar and
often the same subjects as in the different community organizing
networks or in social movements, Issues like jobs, health care,
immigration reform and in the moment gun controlling. But it is
concentrated in the actual agenda of the Obama government. And I think
there is no discussion about the ways, how to get the aims. On one side
I see it as a top-down organization. On the other side it might be a
chance for people to bring their own perspective, their own questions
and answers into the agenda. Does anyone know: Are there connections
between OFA and different local Community Organizations?

Best wishes for you!
Michael Rothschuh, Hamburg, Germany