[COMM-ORG] PICO citizenship organizing

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sat Jun 29 12:35:52 CDT 2013

From: "Eddie Carmona, PICO" <news at piconetwork.org>

Campaign for Citizenship
Take Action!
Supporter --

Today, 68 U.S. Senators chose to stand with our immigrant families.

They demonstrated solidarity with our values as Americans and people of
faith by voting in favor of an immigration reform bill that, while
flawed, still contains a path to citizenship for millions of aspiring
Americans.

Our collective power at the voting booth last fall, combined with your
work and the work of so many others in our movement, made this victory
possible. Together we were able to make concrete improvements in the
bill and stop amendments that would have gutted the path to citizenship.

This is a huge first step -- and we're going to keep organizing until
that bill is on the President's desk.

Add your name to say you're standing up for a path to citizenship, and
then pass this message along to 10 friends and family and ask them to
join you and be part of the Campaign for Citizenship:

http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/2115/p/salsa/web/common/public/signup?signup_page_KEY=8192

We also know that our work has only begun.

In the last few weeks, we've gotten a glimpse of what's to come as the
House of Representatives takes up this debate, as special interests were
able to get tens of billions of dollars to further militarize our
borders and increase domestic enforcement and deportation programs. Now
those same interests are gearing up to fight in the House, where a real
path to citizenship faces extraordinary opposition.

This summer and fall, we need our Members of Congress to understand that
they face a clear choice about who we are as Americans. Will we succumb
to fear, increasingly militarize our border communities and tear parents
from their children? Or will we invest in the hopes, the dreams, and the
God-given dignity of millions of hardworking families in our own
communities by creating an earned path to citizenship?

We need to be honest with ourselves: It's going to take at least 10
times the effort we've already put forward just to protect what we've
won so far.

Will you forward this email and invite 10 more people to join with us
for a strong, broad path to citizenship?

http://salsa3.salsalabs.com/o/2115/p/salsa/web/common/public/signup?signup_page_KEY=8192

Today, historic legislation passed the Senate with overwhelming
bipartisan support. Now it's up to the House of Representatives to act.

This could be the year for just immigration reform, but only if we give
it our all.

Thanks for everything you've done so far and for your commitment to the
promise of America.

Eddie

Eddie Carmona
Campaign Manager
Campaign for Citizenship
PICO National Network

PICO National Network, 110 Maryland Ave NE, Washington, 20002
Copyright 2012 PICO All Rights Reserved.