[COMM-ORG] NYC rent regulation organizubg

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sat Jun 29 12:23:02 CDT 2013

[ed:  apologies, but for some reason some messages just showed up in the
queue with old dates.]

From: "Real Rent Reform" <organizing at realrentreform.org>

*JUNE 15 CAMPAIGN LAUNCH*

On Saturday, June 15, the Real Rent Reform Campaign has launched a massive
outreach initiative across the city, focusing on areas with high
concentrations
of rent-regulated tenants. In exactly two years, the rent
laws-responsible for
protecting tenants and regulating rents-will expire.

Simply renewing the rent laws will not be enough. We must strengthen and
expand
them, or rent regulation will suffer a slow death and only the super
rich will
be able to live in New York City.

That's why we must organize, fundraise and mobilize *now.*

Contact organizing at realrentreform.org
<mailto:organizing at realrentreform.org> for
posters, fliers and other materials that we'll need to rally the troops to
defeat the Landlords.
Visit the launch site here
<http://met.server278.com/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=6160&qid=30503>.
*FOR **MORE **DETAILS, **CONTACT **US**:
**O**RGANIZING@**R**EALRENTREFORM.ORG*

/

/339 Lafayette Street #301
New York, NY 10012