[COMM-ORG] Fwd: Meet the new COR Residents

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sun Jan 20 16:07:06 CST 2013

From:     Rachel Feldman, Bend the Arc <info at bendthearc.us>

View as a Web Page
http://jfsj.convio.net/site/R?i=8yBwSzO3Ci5XHkFKbvbdMg

Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice

Dear Friends,

We are excited to announce the launch of the third cohort of Bend the Arc's interfaith Community Organizing Residency (COR). COR is creating a nationwide network of religiously diverse community organizers who share commons bonds and who support each other as they build power to make change in communities across the country.
COR has grown from four cities and 16 residents in the first year to six cities and 20 residents in 2013. We have expanded to Washington, D.C. and are continuing our presence in the Twin Cities, Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, and the Bay Area. We continue to receive 100 - 150 applications each year from aspiring organizers from diverse religious backgrounds all across the country. Many of you have been partners in recruiting highly qualified candidates for COR each year; thank you for promoting COR and recruiting such stellar applicants.

We have an impressive group of residents again this year spanning spectrums of age, race, faith, and geography. COR Residents will be organizing for immigrant rights, dignity and fair wages for workers, affordable housing and quality education for all among other issues. Learn more about our Residents: http://jfsj.convio.net/site/R?i=fCHnWNY1jzEKzbFpx0i4Qg .

The program starts next week with an opening retreat in California when all of the Residents will meet for the first time. We look forward to starting a great year and sharing updates about their successes along the way!

Warm Regards,

Rachel Feldman
Director of Organizing

--

Inspired by Jewish tradition to hold America to its promise. Formerly known as PJA & JFSJ.

©Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for Justice
330 Seventh Ave, 19th Floor, New York, NY 10001
212.213.2113