[COMM-ORG] New Report from Building Movement Project

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue Jan 1 17:53:51 CST 2013

From:Building MOvement Project <info at buildingmovement.org>

PROJECTS [http://buildingmovement.org/projects]
WHAT'S NEW [http://buildingmovement.org/news]
SEE US [http://buildingmovement.org/events]
AUDIO+VIDEO [http://buildingmovement.org/media/podcast/25]
REPORTS [http://buildingmovement.org/resources]
ABOUT US [http://buildingmovement.org/info/27]

New Report!

Vision for Change: A New Wave of Social Justice Leadership
[http://www.buildingmovement.org/news/entry/340]

This report details the specific findings of our conversations with
seventeen US social justice leaders under 40 who serve as the executive
director or co-director of an organization. Our goal was to learn more
about the experiences of younger leaders committed to large-scale
change. It was clear from the interviews that they are driven by their
commitment to their organizations, and wanted to contribute to a larger
movement for social change. Yet, they face big challenges that shed
light on the changing landscape of the movement and on the
infrastructure that's needed to create sustainable managers,
organizations, and networks for years to come. This report focuses on
what it takes for these leaders to do their jobs and makes
recommendations for concrete change that will support their visions, and
help to build a stronger progressive infrastructure for all
stakeholders.  Read more [http://www.buildingmovement.org/news/entry/340]

Happy Holidays from BMP

In 2012, we at the Building Movement Project have worked across the
country from California where Kim Klein and CompassPoint developed
Talking About Taxes [http://nonprofitstalkingtaxes.org/], to Detroit
where residents are  finding their voice
[http://www.buildingmovementdetroit.org/] dealing with issues ranging
from neighborhood blight to city transportation. We produced several
reports ranging from our newest highlighted above about new leadership
to  The New Lifecycle of Work
[http://www.buildingmovement.org/news/entry/317] for older leaders
thinking about when to exit their positions.

As we come to the end of the year, your support can help ensure that we
can bring these resources and tools to other communities across the
country. Please consider donating to the Building Movement Project this
year so we can continue this work, and we thank you for all that you do.

All news [http://www.buildingmovement.org/news]

Sincerely,

The Building Movement Project Team and Staff
[http://www.buildingmovement.org/info/31]:

Linda Campbell
Helen Kim
Kim Klein