[COMM-ORG] query: housing organizing connections

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue May 29 09:20:40 CDT 2012

[ed: please contact Brendan directly at the address below to respond to
this query.]

From: "Brendan Saunders" <brendan at interfaithhousingcenter.org>

I have been working with the residents of Sunset Village, a manufactured
housing community (Mobile Home Community) for the past almost five
years. I have worked to organize the residents, form an association,
etc. I believe I may have sent information on the list-serve in the
past. We originally organized around the poor management and this has
evolved. In the past two years the property has gone from filing for
bankruptcy to a pending foreclosure and receivership. The Residents’
Association has reached the point of putting in an offer to purchase the
community. (A little editorial, I am so proud of this group, they have
organized and put in an offer to buy the community to preserve it and
retain its affordability.)

The offer by the residents has not been rejected, nor has it been
accepted by the note holders Lincoln Financial Group. We assume that LFG
is holding out for more money. As a collective group we are looking for
connections to LFG. I am listing the names of the board of directors and
executive team to see if we have any connections. One of the board
member for LFG is also part of the Urban Land Institute.

The board includes:

· William J. Avery

· William H. Cunningham

· Dennis R. Glass

· George W. Henderson III

· Eric G. Johnson

· Gary C. Kelly

· M. Leanne Lachman

· Michael F. Mee

· William Porter Payne

· Patrick S. Pittard

· Isaiah Tidwell

https://www.lfg.com/LincolnPageServer?LFGPage=/lfg/lfgclient/abt/brd/index.html

The executives are:

· Dennis R. Glass
President & Chief Executive Officer

· Lisa M. Buckingham
Chief Human Resources Officer

· Adam G. Ciongoli
General Counsel

· Charles C. Cornelio
Retirement Plan Services

· Robert W. Dineen
Lincoln Financial Advisors Corp.
Lincoln Financial Securities Corp.

· Randal J. Freitag
Chief Financial Officer

· Will H. Fuller
Lincoln Financial Distributors

· Mark E. Konen
Insurance and Retirement Solutions

https://www.lfg.com/LincolnPageServer?LFGPage=/lfg/lfgclient/abt/exe/index.html

We are trying to put pressure on this group to accept the offer. If you
have any connections to these people, please let me know. We are asking
far and wide for connections and will be working with our elected
officials (Dick Durbin, Mark Kirk, Robert Dold and others) to make this
deal happen. The residents want to remain and want to own this park.
They can do this and we need help. If you have any connections in any
way to the people listed please let me know.

I am giving my permission to copy and paste this email and my
information to other list-serves.

Thank you in advance for all of your help.

Brendan Saunders

Director of Advocacy and Organizing

Interfaith Housing Center of the Northern Suburbs

614 Lincoln Ave.

Winnetka, IL 60093

847.501.4352 x 402

847.501.5722 (fax)

www.interfaithhousingcenter.org

“The area’s premier advocate for fair and affordable housing”