[COMM-ORG] Apply for the Community Organizing Residency

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue May 29 09:16:29 CDT 2012

From: Rachel Feldman <RFeldman at bendthearc.us>

I am writing with news about Bend the Arc: A Jewish Partnership for
Justice's interfaith Community Organizing Residency (COR).  We are
excited to share the following New York Times article about Faiza Ali, a
COR resident from cohort 2.  COR in the New York
Times!<http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/05/us/faiza-ali-uses-faith-to-unite-religious-coalitions.html?_r=3>

Also, the application deadline for COR has been extended to June 15th
and we have created an online form for you to nominate applicants.  A
number of you have already sent emails with nominations of potential
applicants.  If you have not yet emailed us, but do know someone who
would be a good fit for COR, please nominate them here: Nominate someone
for the Community Organizing
Residency!<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHVhZDZLV1NfUF9RZ29xU3FzdVpBS3c6MQ>

Lastly, we are making a change to the program start date.  The program
will now start on January 16th, 2013.  We have notified applicants of
this change and have heard positive responses.  We know that the new
start date will affect people's plans and may work better for some
applicants or not work for others.  We are committed to helping strong
applicants find pathways into organizing and are happy to talk with
anyone who has applied to COR but is unable to wait until January to
start the program.  Applicants can email
info at rootedinfaith.org<mailto:info at rootedinfaith.org> if they are
concerned about the date change.

Please continue to share the posting below with potential applicants.
The new dates are reflected below and in the our
PDF<http://bendthearc.us/sites/default/files/docs/cor_2pager_2012-2013_0.pdf>.
If you have any questions, please let us know.

Warm Regards,
Rachel

COR in the New York Times!
Where else can you find a Muslim organizer trained by a Jewish
organization to work with a coalition comprised mostly of Christian
churches? Nowhere but Bend the Arc's Community Organizing Residency.

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2012/05/05/nyregion/yRELIGION/yRELIGION-articleLarge-v2.jpg]