[COMM-ORG] Social Justice Salary and Benefits Survey

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sun May 20 09:03:33 CDT 2012

From:     Walter Davis <walter at noacentral.org>

Dear Friends

RoadMap Consulting, the National Organizers Alliance and DataCenter are
conducting the Social Justice Salary and Benefits Survey.  The survey
aims to collect information on compensation and personnel practices of
organizations in the social, economic and environmental justice movements.

We hope to share the information with social justice leaders so we can
learn from each others policies and practices.  Here is the link to the
survey:

http://svy.mk/surveysalarybenefits

This survey is for local, state and national organizations that engage
in organizing and movement building work and those supporting
movement-building (such as organizations providing research,
organizational development, communications, etc. to organizing groups).

The goal of the project is to document policies, explore the social
justice values embedded in personnel practices, and share data from
across the movement so groups can compare and learn from each other on
creating compensation packages, and sustainable work practices.

The survey will be collected over the next month and results will be
released in the Summer 2012. PLEASE FILL OUT THE SURVEY BY May 25th!!!

The first 100 organizations to fill out the survey will get a chance to
win a gift:  We have several books to give away and you may win free
consulting help from RoadMap on Human Resources topics.

The incentives include:

A copy of the survey results
Transforming Places, Lessons from Appalachia Edited by Stephen L. Fisher
and Barbara Eileen Smith
Building Powerful Community Organizations, by Michael Jacoby Brown
People Practices for Powerful Organizations, RoadMap Human Resources
Manual for Social Justice Organizations
2 hours free consulting support from RoadMap Consultant Margi Clarke on
an HR topic of your choosing

The survey is confidential. Your organizational name or contact
information will not be connected to responses. If you choose, you may
give us your contact information to stay in touch with the project at
the end of the survey.

You will need to share your budget, salary ranges, personnel policies
and benefits costs. Once you have the information in hand, the
questionnaire will take approximately 30 minutes. This information will
be summarized and will be shared freely with social justice groups, and
we hope will be very valuable to many groups around the country. THANK
YOU for sharing your practices and we look forward to sharing the results.

Link to survey: http://svy.mk/surveysalarybenefits
PLEASE COMPLETE IT BY MAY 25.

You can stay updated on the project and post additional thoughts through
www.RoadMapConsulting.org <http://www.RoadMapConsulting.org>

If you have any questions, email Margi Clarke at
MargiClarkeConsulting at gmail.org <mailto:MargiClarkeConsulting at gmail.org>
or call at 510-863-4063 <tel:510-863-4063>

Thank you!

Margi Clarke, RoadMap Consulting
Walter Davis, National Organizers Alliance
Saba Waheed, DataCenter

--
Walter Davis
P. O. Box 342, Alcoa TN 37701