[COMM-ORG] Introducing a New Participatory Action Research Toolkit and Website from Community Development Project

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Fri May 4 13:29:06 CDT 2012

[ed: the Research for Organizing Toolkit is now linked from the COMM-ORG
Action Research and Data page, http://comm-org.wisc.edu/co/?q=node/20]

From: Alexa Kasdan <akasdan at urbanjustice.org>

Introducing a New Participatory Action Research Toolkit from The
Community Development Project:

https://www.kintera.com/accounttempfiles/account14598/images/rfologo.jpgLearn
how to use research to build power, develop leaders and win social change!

CDP is excited to announce the launch of the Research for Organizing
Toolkit — our new website and toolkit that provides resources for
organizations to conduct participatory action research (PAR).

PAR is a people-centered, power-building and action-oriented method of
research that helps us to analyze and document the problems that we see
in our communities, allows us to generate data that strengthens our
social justice work and ensures that we are the experts about the issues
that face our communities.

Over the last decade, CDP has partnered with dozens of grassroots
organizations to conduct participatory action research and release more
than 50 reports on local, state and national issues relating to housing,
workers’ rights, equitable development and more. During this time, we’ve
developed a range of trainings, tools and tips for organizers and
community members to become more actively involved in the research
process. We have compiled all of these resources into the Research for
Organizing Toolkit — a web-based resource that includes case studies,
workshops, worksheets and templates. This toolkit is designed for
organizations and individuals that want to use PAR to support their work
towards social justice.

Over the next few months, we will be conducting a series of workshops
and webinars to share the toolkit with organizations and community
members. Please look out for dates and times of a workshop near you!

Visit the Research for Organizing Toolkit here:
www.researchfororganizing.org

Alexa Kasdan

Director of Research and Policy

Community Development Project

Urban Justice Center

646-459-3011

This message and its attachments are sent by a law office and may
contain information that is confidential and protected by privilege from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, you are prohibited
from printing, copying, forwarding, or saving this email and any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately if you believe that
you are not the intended recipient.