[COMM-ORG] Pete Seeger's birthday

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Fri May 4 13:22:50 CDT 2012

[ed: sorry, a day late on this message.]

From: Peter Dreier <dreier at oxy.edu>

Friends and Colleagues:

Today is Pete Seeger's 93rd birthday.

What's an appropriate gift for the most influential folk artist of the
20th century? A few years ago some of Pete's fans launched a campaign to
nominate him for the Nobel Peace Prize. It is time to resurrect that
effort. In my article on the Huffington Post today, "Happy Birthday,
Pete Seeger," I review Pete's incredible life and legacy.

Pete is one of the people I profile in my new book, The 100 Greatest
Americans of the 20th Century: A Social Justice Hall of Fame. It will be
published by Nation Books next month, but you can order it now, at a
discount, from Amazon and other book-sellers. The book now has its own
Facebook page (which I’m still learning to maneuver). Please connect and
spread the word about the book. Thanks.

Peter

_____________________________________
Peter Dreier
Dr. E.P. Clapp Distinguished Professor of Politics
Chair, Urban & Environmental Policy Department
Occidental College
1600 Campus Road
Los Angeles, CA 90041
Phone: (323) 259-2913
FAX: (323) 259-2734
Website: http://employees.oxy.edu/dreier

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great
moral crises maintain their neutrality" - Dante