[COMM-ORG] Wall Street action: Labor, Community and Wall Street Activists Unite

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Thu Oct 6 09:49:44 CDT 2011

From: "Amanda Devecka-Rinear, National People's Action"
<showdown at npa-us.org>

This is a movement moment, and you can be there when history is made.

It's time to make Wall Street pay us back for the billions in taxes
they've dodged and millions of homes and jobs lost when they crashed the
economy.

NPA is gearing up for some major actions around the country against Wall
Street and big banks over the next few weeks.

It's 1% vs. 99%, and with those odds it's time we took our democracy and
economy back from the Wall Street bankers that stole it from us.

Donate $25 dollars today and we'll send you the same t-shirt (pictured
below) folks will be wearing on the ground as they take on big banks in
the coming weeks.
(http://showdowninamerica.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1650&qid=1017190)

On Wednesday, October 5th, at 4:30pm in New York City thousands of
people will come together for what is shaping up to be a goose-bump
inducing Community & Labor Solidarity March. The march starts at City
Hall and moves to Zuccotti Park and the epicenter of Occupied Wall
Street. For more information about the NY action, click here.

On Monday, October 10th at 4:00pm in Chicago, thousands of everyday
people fed up with Wall Street will demand an end to ONE MILLION PENDING
FORECLOSURES at the Mortgage Bankers Association Conference. For more
information about Chicago, click here.

Not in New York or Chicago? Find an action near you >>

Support the actions in style!

Donate $25 dollars or more today and we'll send you the same t-shirt
folks will be wearing on the ground (pictured left) as they take on Wall
Street banks >>
http://showdowninamerica.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=1650&qid=1017190

Get the latest information related to our Fall actions - Follow NPA on
Twitter @streetactionNPA and Facebook.

Thanks for all that you do,

Amanda Devecka-Rinear
National People's Action (NPA)

Showdown in America is a national bank accountability campaign of
National People's Action (NPA) - a Network of community power
organizations from across the country that work to advance a national
economic and racial justice agenda.

810 N. Milwaukee Ave.
Chicago, IL 60642
United States