[COMM-ORG] Outreach and Engagement Staff workshop

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sat Jul 16 10:57:09 CDT 2011

 2011 National Outreach Scholarship Conference (NOSC):

*Preconference Workshop for Outreach and Engagement Staff*

Saturday, October 1, 2011

10:00 am-4:00 pm

Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center, Michigan State University

Led by peer practitioners with keynote speakers Lorilee Sandmann
(University of Georgia) and Randy Stoecker (University of Wisconsin-Madison)

This preconference is designed for university staff members who, in
roles distinct from those of tenure-track faculty, facilitate and manage
ongoing projects, programs, services, research and relationships with
community partners. Join us to explore our emerging professional
identity as outreach and engagement practitioners and the unique set of
strengths and challenges that we share. Because of the overlap in roles,
skills and values, “boundary spanners” who facilitate
community-university partnerships on behalf of community organizations
are also welcome to attend.

For more information about the preconference workshop, visit:

http://outreachscholarship.org/Initiatives/OutreachandEngagementStaffWorkshop.aspx

To register for the preconference and NOSC, visit:

http://outreachscholarship.org/ConferenceHome/Registration.aspx

Early bird registration ends August 19.

Questions? Contact Katherine Loving at kaloving at uhs.wisc.edu or
(608)263-5714.

Katherine Loving, MSSW

Civic Engagement Coordinator

University Health Services, UW-Madison

333 East Campus Mall #8104

Madison WI 53715-1381

kaloving at uhs.wisc.edu

(608)263-5714

Community Partnerships and Outreach Staff Network