[COMM-ORG] Job: Campaign Director: Worker & Immigrant Justice, National People's Action, No Salary Info
Discussion list for COMM-ORG
colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue Jul 5 14:30:13 CDT 2011
From: James Mumm <james at npa-us.org>
Campaign Director: Worker & Immigrant Justice
Posted on: June 29, 2011
Posted by: National People's Action
To build greater economic and racial justice National People’s Action
runs national, affiliate-led campaigns to hold banks accountable, win
fairer treatment for immigrants and low-wage workers, and protect and
expand social housing, and rebuild communities. NPA is looking for an
energetic, creative, visionary, and disciplined Worker & Immigration
Justice Campaign Director to join our team.
National People’s Action is a network of metropolitan, regional, and
statewide community power organizations that work together to advance
racial and economic justice. NPA has more than 200 organizers and
support staff working in cities and towns across the country, and a
national staff of 21. While NPA’s headquarters is in Chicago, we will
consider applicants who work from other locations.
In partnership with NPA affiliates, lead state and national campaigns
for worker and immigrant justice.
• Assist NPA Network Affiliates to build strategic power on worker and
immigrant justice issues through campaigns, base building, alliance
building, communications, and elections.
• In partnership with NPA affiliates, work with the Department of Labor
to address worker justice issues.
• Serve as a liaison between NPA and FIRM.
• Expand the number of NPA Network Affiliates addressing worker and
immigrant justice issues at the state and national level, and recruit
new affiliates to join the network.
• Help NPA’s fundraising staff frame proposals on worker and immigrant
justice, and develop clarity on our goals, objectives, activities, and
outcomes for this work.
• As needed, train affiliates on policy issues related to worker and
• Develop expertise in worker and immigrant justice issues.
• Write short weekly reports to the Organizing Director that show what
was accomplished each week and the goals for the following week.
• Meet (primarily by phone) with the Organizing Director an hour each week.
We are seeking an organizer with 10-plus years of experience moving
policy and organizing diverse constituents. Ideal candidate will have
served as lead staff or executive director at the metro or state,
regional, and/or national level in labor, faith-based or other
organizing tradition. Candidate should also have a demonstrated track
• Commitment to racial and economic justice
• Experience organizing large public events
• Excellent written and oral communication
• Ability to work with different cultures
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Willing to travel and work flexible hours
Salary and Benefits
NPA’s competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and
dental insurance, employer contribution to retirement plan and time off
in December in addition to paid vacation.
Process of Applying
Please send a cover letter and resume to Organizing Director at National
People's Action, 810 N. Milwaukee Ave., Chicago, IL 60642 (by email to
jobs at npa-us.org is
preferred). Position is open until filled.
Director of Organizing
National People's Action
New York Office
james at npa-us.org
More information about the Colist