[COMM-ORG] Video Message from San Sebastian Bachajon

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Apr 6 13:16:35 CDT 2011

 From: Movement for Justice in El Barrio
<movementforjusticeinelbarrio at yahoo.com>

Video Message from Our Sisters & Brothers of San Sebastian Bachajon

“5 Days of Worldwide Action for the Bachajón 5”

April 1, 2011

To our sisters and brothers of the Ejido of San Sebastian Bachajón:

To our Zapatista sisters and brothers:
To our compañer at s of The Other Campaign:
To our compañer at s of the Zezta Internazional:
To the adherents of the International Campaign in Defense of El Barrio
and our allies across the world:
To the civil society in Mexico and the world:

We would like to share with you the third update on the call to action
for the “5 Days of Worldwide Action for the Bachajón 5” on April 1 – 5.

Receive embraces from Movement for Justice in El Barrio, The Other Campaign.

Today being the first day of the “5 Days of Worldwide Action for the
Bachajón 5”, we would like to share with you the new video message
“Second Message from San Sebastian Bachajon”.

The new video message includes what has happened since the Worldwide Day
of Action for the Liberation of the Political Prisoners of San Sebastian
Bachajon up to now. They also send special messages to everyone that
took part in the actions at both the national and international level.
It also includes images of the actions that were organized worldwide in
different corners of the world.

We ask that you help disseminate the video message broadly placing it on
websites and sharing it with others. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YRULc-2cBY

We also want to let you know that beginning today the dignified people
of the following countries and cities will participate in the “5 Days of
Worldwide Action for the Bachajón 5”: distinct groups from Mexico,
India, South Africa, London, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Canada, the
Basque Country, Endinburgh, Barcelona, Dorset, Gasgow, Argentina,
France, Manchester, Lancaster, Exeter and New York.

That is all for now, compas.

We send you embraces of love and solidarity.

>From El Barrio, NYC.

Movement for Justice in El Barrio
The Other Campaign New York

Movement for Justice in El Barrio calls for -

“5 Days of Worldwide Action for the Bachajón 5”

>From April 1 – 5, 2011.

Receive embraces of affection and solidarity on behalf of Movement for
Justice in El Barrio, The Other Campaign New York.

We wish to share with you a proposal on behalf of the simple and
humble immigrant community of El Barrio, New York. Once more we would
like to ask that we come together to realize the “5 Days of Worldwide
Action for the Bachajón 5” to contribute to the liberation of the 5
political prisoners of The Other Campaign of San Sebastián Bachajón.

In these days which we find ourselves mourning and fearing a nuclear
tragedy, provoked in large part by the capitalists’ unbridled greed,
it remains clear now more than ever that only the organized actions of
autonomous communities will be able to resist the destruction, wars,
and massive tragedies that the multinational corporations, bankers,
and owners of big business, aided by the bad governments, continue to
provoke. Organized support is also another source of energy – the
“other” energy that is needed to counteract these disasters.

Organized resistance from below is the only solution to save the
planet and the governments that are at the businesses’ disposal know
this as well. For this reason, the bad governments attack those who
fight in an organized way against the capitalist system. Such has been
the case with the autonomous community of San Sebastián Bachajón (you
may view the first video-message from them at this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcTspD7NKmY ).

While there is no guarantee that the federal and state governments
will cease obeying the mandates of the multinationals, the community
of San Sebastián Bachajón will defend its land and energy sources,
protecting them from the destruction and ecological disequilibrium
that the transational corporations create wherever they go.

The bad governments know this, and thus, continue to keep the five
political prisoners of San Sebastián Bachajón imprisoned. “We are
only held prisoners in exchange for our lands,” decry the illegally
arrested compañeros. They also denounce that governmental
representatives have visited them repeatedly in their confinement to
get them to concede to a dialogue without any guarantees, as it is but
a pretext to takeover the territory where the ejido’s tool booth and
access to the Agual Azul waterfalls are located. In addition, during a
recent manifestation organized by our sisters and brothers of San
Sebastián Bachajón in resistance, they were harrased by police
helicopters and “preventive” police vans.

The liberation of five political prisoners, which was secured thanks
to the actions of our sisters and brothers of San Sebastián Bachajón
and national and international pressures, has brought us much joy. We
are very pleased as well by the amount of support on behalf of so many
different organizations and collectives from across the world that
joined our last call for worldwide action: From México to South Africa,
from Austria to Argentina, and in France, Scotland, Morroco, Puerto
Rico, Edinburgh, Philipines, Dorset, England, Germany, Madrid,
Colombia, Barcelona, and here in New York! We are certain that it was
thanks to you all and to the constant work of the independent,
autonomous, and free media that they are now not in some jail in
Chiapas. Nevertheless, five brothers remain unjustly detained.

For this reason, we are calling for

“5 Days of Worldwide Action for the Bachajón 5”

We invite each and every one of you, in your own way and place, to
organize actions during April 1 – 5 to demand that the repressive
governor Juan Sabines Guerrero free all of the five political prisoners.

We propose that we unite our forces and organize actions – from our
particular locations and respective forms of struggle – such as
demonstrations, marches, informative street actions, flyering, public
forums, theatre, teach-ins, and any other activity to realize

“5 Days of Worldwide Action for the Bachajón 5”

In these times of tragedies, which nothing can resist, we know that we
must support organized resistance. We look forward to your support.

We ask that you please let us know as soon as possible if you accept
our proposal and will participate. You may contact us via e-mail at:
movimientoporjusticiadelbarrio at yahoo.com

Justice, Land, and Freedom for
the Ejidatarios of San Sebastián Bachajón!

Free the Political Prisoners of San Sebastián Bachajón!

Long live the women of San Sebastián Bachajón!

Stop the Aggressions against Adherents of The Other Campaign!

Long live the Zapatistas!