[COMM-ORG] financial reform organizing

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Fri Apr 1 15:44:59 CDT 2011

 From: PICO National Network <news at piconetwork.org>

To view this message in a browser:
http://www.actonsoftware.com/acton/ct/710/s-0167-1103/Bct/l-sf-cl-701400000=
00StTWAA0-0089/l-sf-cl-70140000000StTWAA0-0089:db0/ct0_1/1

Friend,

Yesterday, thousands of you called your Attorney General and demanded
that they choose a side: the homeowners they've sworn to protect or the
big banks that broke the law and bankrupted the economy. Calls were made
in 47 states!

This is no small feat. And it's all because of you.

Because of your call, the Attorneys General will have YOUR WORDS in mind
as they sit down today

http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/03/29/us-financial-regulation-servicing-=
idUSTRE72S71620110329

with the big banks to begin to hammer out the terms of the settlement to
their fraudulent practices. They know that we will accept nothing less
than a settlement that saves homes and forces the banks to pay for their
crimes.

Here's what some of you reported after the call:

"I tried 3 different numbers to leave a message and they were all FULL!
I had to keep calling back. I'm glad so many people called, I've been so
looking forward to today!!"

"I told her (the receptionist) the middle class taxpayers are not going
to stand for this any longer. We are going to demand that politicians
all take heed that we want change now."

"I told them to make the banks pay - that it's OUR MONEY. We bailed them
out and they're still taking people's homes? It was clear that MANY
people are calling."

Keep the pressure on!

Here's how you can continue to build our voice:

Keep the calls coming all week. We've received several emails asking if
people can call their Attorney Generals throughout the week. The answer
is: "ABSOLUTELY!" Please continue to spread the word and call in
multiple times if possible. The number again is 866-200-6444.

Like our Crime Shouldn't Pay Facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/#%21/pages/Crime-Shouldnt-Pay/134178043321630

. Help us reach 1,000 fans! Since launching the page a week ago, there's
been an outpouring of support. We're at JUST OVER 900 as of today - tell
your friends to Like "Crime Shouldn't Pay" and spread the word to call
their Attorney Generals.

We will keep you updated on the settlement negotiations and keep the
fight going!

Thanks for all that you do,

PICO National Network

National People's Action

Alliance of Californians for Community Empowerment

Industria Areas Foundation Southeast

Alliance for a Just Society