[COMM-ORG] Global Journal of Community Psychology Practice Issue 2

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 15 20:18:14 CDT 2010

  From: "Tom Wolff" <tom at tomwolff.com>

Subject: FW: Global Journal of Community Psychology Practice Issue 2
  Please share our most recent issue with others.

Thanks Tom Woolff and Vincent Francisco

<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=ed8b6idab&v=001IgkAmL3YG
5vMqI2A-LJT6JUjYdc_xTd-KfHujeLr6id_4Xpa1Bh8HvtOy9Vy8SgWvxT0ystCIiOOjEFjkYZ6p
sczkX9aCU6n17_ByA_HITNAFzg33QP2xQ%3D%3D>
You're receiving this email because of your relationship with Global Journal
of Community Psychology Practice. Please confirm
<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/c.jsp?llr=ed8b6idab&t=1103680946030.
0.532711081.2&m=1103031757924&wl=F>  your continued interest in receiving
email from us.

You may unsubscribe

<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=ed8b6idab&v=001iwPfb6IFpjW
PowzBQRJz6MCmFkx2p8huWZGaioXxNgiqRFWa5CAZeA%3D%3D&p=un>  if you no longer
wish to receive our emails.

  Global Journal of Community Psychology Practice
<http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs083/1103031757924/img/4.jpg>
An Exchange of Ideas, Information and Resources for Community Practitioners

Vol. 1, No. 2 Preview
     September 2010

Greetings!

Volume 1, Issue 2 is now available for you to access. A sampling of the
content is available below. Please take a look, leave comments for the
authors or others to consider, and consider submitting your work to the
Journal. Video submissions are most welcome, as are interviews of community
practitioners from whom others can learn.

Participatory Research into
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=ed8b6idab&t=o8pfi7dab.0.qxvfi7dab.ed8b6idab.0
&ts=S0530&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gjcpp.org%2Fen%2Farticle.php%3Fissue%3D3%26arti
cle%3D14> Community Psychology within a Local Context
By Drs. Caterina Arcidiacono & Fortuna Procentese

  Arcidiacono & Fortuna Picture
<http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs083/1103031757924/img/8.jpg>

The aim is to present a series of participatory action research studies
focused on town development and inhabitants' needs. The paper discusses how
to construct a field investigation that pays attention to people's
narratives, as well as how to elaborate a substantive theory, which is
inductively derived from the study of the phenomenon.

Rites of Passage as a Framework
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=ed8b6idab&t=o8pfi7dab.0.rxvfi7dab.ed8b6idab.0
&ts=S0530&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gjcpp.org%2Fen%2Farticle.php%3Fissue%3D3%26arti
cle%3D10> for Community Interventions with Youth
By Drs. David G. Blumenkrantz & Marc B. Goldstein

  Blumenkrantz and Goldstein
<http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs083/1103031757924/img/7.jpg>

This article discusses the potential value of adopting a rites of passage
framework for developing community interventions for youth and suggests
principles for its application. We propose a contemporary working definition
of the concept, how it could reshape the way we approach community and youth
development, and 20 core components of a rites of passage process developed
from our work experience spanning over 40 years.

Featured Book Review:
The Power of Collaborative

<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=ed8b6idab&t=o8pfi7dab.0.sxvfi7dab.ed8b6idab.0
&ts=S0530&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gjcpp.org%2Fen%2Freview.php%3Fissue%3D3%26revie
w%3D5> Solutions: Six Principles and Effective Tools for Building Healthy
Communities
By Thomas Wolff

Reviewed by Adrienne Paine-Andrews

  Book Cover <http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs083/1103031757924/img/6.jpg>

In "The Power of Collaborative Solutions: Six Principles and Effective Tools
for Building Healthy Communities", Tom Wolff provides a passionate and
convincing case for using collaborative approaches to address our most
intractable community problems. He offers personal reflection, case studies
and tools based on his extensive experience to help us move toward more
effective, sustainable, and collaborative solutions.

These are just a few of the articles featured in Volume 1, Issue 2 of the
Global Journal of Community Psychology Practice.  View the entire issue HERE
<http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?llr=ed8b6idab&t=o8pfi7dab.0.txvfi7dab.ed8b6idab.0
&ts=S0530&p=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gjcpp.org> .

Yours in Community Practice,

The GJCPP Management Team and Editorial Board

In This Issue
Global Perspective Articles
Web 2.0 Tips & Techniques
Featured Video
Featured Book Review

 >From the Editor's Desk

  GJCPP Logo <http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs083/1103031757924/img/5.gif>

Welcome to Issue 2 of the Global Journal of Community Psychology Practice!

In this issue, you will find several articles that feature aspects of
community practice from across the globe. In addition to these regular
features, you may notice that we made a few improvements to the Journal web
site. We now have the ability to leave comments and have conversations about
any of the materials shared through the Journal. You will find it placed at
the end of each article, video, or tool.

Have an innovative idea for an interview?  Let us know!  Contact us at:
editor at gjcpp.org <mailto:editor at gjcpp.org?subject=interview%20for%20gjcpp>

The Global Journal of Community Psychology Practice (GJCCP) is a new
e-journal for practitioners of community psychology and community
improvement around the globe. We look forward to working with practitioners
and applied researchers to share quality work and to foster a learning
community that will contribute to ongoing advances in the broad field of
Community Practice, both in psychology and related disciplines.

<http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1103031757924> Join Our
Mailing List

<http://r20.rs6.net/on.jsp?llr=ed8b6idab&t=1103680946030.0.1103031757924.0&t
s=S0530&o=http://ui.constantcontact.com/images/p1x1.gif>