[COMM-ORG] query: Organizing Sites for Alternative Spring Break

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Fri Sep 3 03:11:46 CDT 2010

  From: Arthur Keene <keene at anthro.umass.edu>

Dear Friends,

I write on behalf of the UMAss Alliance for Community Organization
(UACT).  For the last 14 years we have run curricular alternative spring
break programs grounded in radical pedagogy and focused on community
development.  This year we are beginning a small shift in our curriculum
to put a greater emphasis on the method and theory of community
organizing and are looking for organizations/sites that might be
interested in partnering with us to put groups of 15-20 students to work
on active organizing campaigns during our spring break week in
mid-March.  If anyone has any suggestions,  we'd be most grateful to
hear them.

Many thanks,

Art Keene
Professor of Anthropology