[COMM-ORG] job: fundraising, Washington DC, with salary info
Discussion list for COMM-ORG
colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Fri Oct 29 12:52:54 CDT 2010
From: Kim Fellner <Kfellner at workingamerica.org>
Senior Development Associate
Working America, the community affiliate of the AFL-CIO, is the fastest
growing organization for working people in the country. With more than
3 million members recruited since 2003, Working America organizes and
mobilizes people who do not have a union on the job in support of
working families’ issues.
The Development Associate will help create development strategies and
build resources for Working America and the Working America Education
Fund. The position reports directly to the Associate
Director/Development Director, who leads the organizations’
development efforts. The SDA will be a skilled communicator, verbally
and in writing, and will assume a significant role in several
fundraising areas, including donor development, proposal writing and
events planning. The SDA will provide high-level support on all aspects
of the fundraising program, and may assume bottom-line responsibility
for several key initiatives.
● Reach out to major donors through visits, phone and mail.
● Coordinate a robust donor communications and outreach plan for
existing and new donors.
● Create and direct a new small donor fundraising program.
Materials development and writing
● Independently execute foundation grant applications and reports.
● Develop messaging and materials for donor outreach and fundraising,
including reports, fundraising letters, brochures, etc., working
closely with the Associate Director and other Working America staff.
Events planning and execution
● Help develop, conceptualize and manage occasional fundraising and
visibility-raising events, including public briefing events, receptions,
house parties, fundraising dinners, etc.
● Create and manage event host committees.
● Develop and oversee event time lines.
● Oversee event logistics.
● Direct outreach to event sponsors and event attendees.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● At least five years direct experience with progressive sector donor
fundraising, including major donor work, grant writing and events
● Successful experience with one-on-one outreach to donors
● Familiarity with labor movement and commitment to economic and
● A bachelor degree desirable.
● Superior writing skills
● Strong inter-personal and relationship abilities
● Excellent verbal communication skills
● Excellent organization skills
● Able to independently develop creative solutions to complex
● Understanding of the politics of the labor movement and its
● Familiarity with national political issues
● Able to track multiple projects simultaneously
● Comfortable and skilled with all aspects of events, from
conceptualization through execution and implementation
● Proficiency in word processing, e-mail programs and Internet-based
● Flexibility to travel as required in performance of duties.
● Washington, DC
Salary is $77,101 annually and includes medical insurance and 401(k)
with employer contribution. To apply,
please email a resume and cover letter to
WorkAmerJobs at workingamerica.org, or fax a resume and cover
letter to 202-508-6900.
More information about the Colist