[COMM-ORG] PICO foreclosure organizing

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 18 19:31:48 CDT 2010

  [ed:  Mike replies with a strategy.}

From: Mike Morin <equityunion at earthlink.net>

The whole system of housing, mortgages and rent, is unfair.

The foreclosure issue is a tricky one, though no one(s) should be left
homeless.

United Assets minus United Liabilities = United Equity.
It's not quite that simple, but that is a start to a workable resolution.

Questions arise such as those who grossly overestimated their worth and
took
outrageous loans and ran up irresponsible credit bills, should they get
possessional equity of all those assets?

On the other hand, the outrageous real property inflation created a
situation where only people who already had equity could get any.

Also, once upon a time, the economy was more stable and people more
sedentary. It is a rare couple that stays in one place for thirty years in
the last generation, particularly.

The whole system is in dire need of economic overhaul and I have a good
plan
for it. Obviously, I can't do it alone. But when solving any problem, the
first challenge is to identify the problem and the problem is systematic.
Consider the problem identified and a paradigmatic solution offered. The
details of policy and implementation of policy need to be worked out. There
is where I need the help of you all (meaning everyone.

Local and regional equity unions are the solution. Cooperation is needed
for
the realization of a fair home ownership system, and just as importantly a
fair and affordable &quot;commercial&quot; real estate system so that we
can have an
environment in which ecological economic redevelopment can be feasible.

In Peace, Friendship, Community, Cooperation, and Solidarity,

Mike Morin
512 W. 10th Avenue, #2 (of which I have $0 equity and make monthly payments
of more than 30% of my income)
Eugene, OR  97401
1-541-343-3808
www.peoplesequityunion.blogspot.com