[COMM-ORG] job: academic, UCLA

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sat Nov 6 10:00:39 CDT 2010

  From: "Chris Tilly" <ctilly at irle.ucla.edu>

UCLA

University of California, Los Angeles

Faculty Position in Housing

The UCLA Department of Urban Planning invites applications for a
tenure-track faculty

position in housing beginning July 1, 2011. We seek bold and innovative
thinkers who

show intellectual leadership in addressing the housing challenges and
inequalities faced

by diverse populations in cities and regions. The appointment is
expected to be at the

rank of assistant professor, although applicants at other levels may
also be considered.

A Ph.D. in Urban Planning or a related field is required.

Our department is consistently ranked among the top internationally, and
our diverse

undergraduate, masters, and PhD students are consistently placed in
excellent positions.

We have 18 faculty, about 200 graduate students, and nearly 100 students
pursuing our

urban affairs minor.

The UCLA School of Public Affairs - home to the departments of Public
Policy, Social

Welfare, and Urban Planning as well as five research centers - and its
sister schools and

centers, including the UCLA Ziman Center for Real Estate, provide an
outstanding

intellectual setting. Southern California is one of the world's major
metropolitan areas,

with rich cultural, social, intellectual and recreational offerings.

While applications will be accepted until the position is filled, all
materials should be

submitted by December 10, 2010 to be guaranteed full consideration. Send
hard copies

of a (a) letter of application, (2) resume/c.v., (3) names and contact
information for three

academic referees, and a (4) single representative article or conference
paper to: Ms.

Marsha Brown * Department of Urban Planning * School of Public Affairs *
University

of California, Los Angeles * Los Angeles, CA 90095-1656. Please
reference tracking

number 1184-1011-01.

UCLA offers an attractive salary and benefits package, including a
housing assistance

program for new faculty members. Salary is commensurate with education and

experience. UCLA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more

information about the department, please visit our web site:

http://publicaffairs.ucla.edu/urban-planning.

Chris Tilly

Professor of Urban Planning and Director, Institute for Research on
Labor and Employment

UCLA

10945 Le Conte Ave., Suite 2107

Los Angeles, CA 90095-1478