[COMM-ORG] Fwd: Davis-Putter Scholarship for Student Activists due April 1st

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Mon Mar 29 11:37:02 CDT 2010

[ed: David is only forwarding this message. See the website at the end
for more info.]

From: "David Chavis" <dchavis at communityscience.com>

Please distribute widely

ATTENTION STUDENT ACTIVISTS!

The Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund has applications available
for student activists who are building the progressive
movement and will be enrolled in school during the 2010-11
academic year. Our website provides answers to questions
about the Fund, the application process, and the students we
support. If you know of students working for peace and
justice, or if you have a list of activist contacts, please
send this announcement along and refer potential applicants to
the Fund’s website: www.davisputter.org.

Since 1961 the Davis-Putter Fund has provided need-based
grants to students who are involved in building movements for
social and economic justice and are able to do academic work
at the college level. Grantees are both graduates and
undergraduates enrolled in accredited schools for the period
covered by their grant. Although citizenship is not a
consideration, applicants must be participating in activities
in the US and plan to enroll in an accredited program in the
US in order to qualify.

The maximum grant is $10,000 and may be considerably smaller
depending on the applicant's circumstances and the funding
available. All the funds come from individual donors and
there are 25-30 grants awarded each year. Grants are for one
year although students may re-apply for subsequent years.

Applications and the supporting documents -- transcripts, a
personal statement, two letters of recommendation, a
photograph, financial aid reports -- must be postmarked by
April 1, 2010. Those selected to receive a grant will be
notified in July.

Carol J. Kraemer
Director
Davis-Putter Scholarship Fund
www.davisputter.org

--
“It is necessary to reverse the common opinion and acknowledge that it
is not the harshness of a situation or the sufferings it imposes that

administrator at SCRA-LISTS at EZ2.net