[COMM-ORG] New COMM-ORG Paper: Whatever Happened to Community Organizing?

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Mon Mar 29 10:56:41 CDT 2010

Hi COMM-ORG,

I am very pleased to announce the second 2010 COMM-ORG paper:

Whatever Happened to Community Organizing?

     by Ellen Ryan

     http://comm-org.wisc.edu/comm-org/page.php?7

At a time when we have witnessed the demise of ACORN, and the reality
shock of the health care fight, this paper asks whether we may have lost
our way.  Has community organizing become reduced to just political
mobilizing?  Are organizers building any strength that can withstand the
opposition?  This is an important paper to read and discuss, and I
welcome you to do both.

Randy Stoecker
moderator/editor, COMM-ORG
rstoecker at wisc.edu