[COMM-ORG] Job, Internship, and Campaign Opportunities at Corporate Accountability Int'l

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 23 13:04:02 CDT 2010

From: Erin Bagley <jobs at stopcorporateabuse.org>

Hi,

Corporate Accountability International, a grassroots membership
organization that wages and wins campaigns to protect the environment
and public health from corporate abuse, has a couple of exciting new
opportunities I wanted to tell you about.

We are hiring a team of Regional Campaign Organizers to build a strong
volunteer power base for our two major campaigns:

* Think Outside the Bottle campaign to pressure Governors, Mayors,
restaurants and schools to curb bottled water use and invest in public
water systems and infrastructure.

* Value [the] Meal challenges McDonald’s and other fast food giants to
stop driving an epidemic of diet-related diseases.

This is a great job for people who want to make a big impact and are
passionate about stopping corporate abuse of public health and the
environment. The position is based in Boston and the organizers will
build action committees of volunteer leaders in three cities in their
first year. Ideal candidates will have volunteer or paid experience
recruiting and building groups, face-to-face organizing and/or
fundraising. Apply soon – interviews are happening now.
http://bit.ly/LotuW .

We only have a few spots left for interns in our Boston campaign
headquarters this summer. If you are looking for an internship with
significant responsibility to build the power of people to hold
corporations accountable, apply soon. Internships are available with our
communications, online organizing and development teams. Details are at
http://bit.ly/lMyVj.

This week we released The Story of Bottled Water with the folks who made
the internet film The Story of Stuff. The Story of Bottled Water tells
the story of manufactured demand—how you get Americans to buy more than
half a billion bottles of water every week when it already flows from
the tap. The film explores the bottled water industry’s attacks on tap
water and its use of seductive, environmental-themed advertising to
cover up the mountains of plastic waste it produces. Watch it at
http://bit.ly/adR3UV. We can help you organize an on-campus premiere of
The Story of Bottled Water. Email Mike Green at
campaignsintern at stopcorporateabuse.org for details.

We hope to hear from you soon. Get in touch if you have any questions
about internships, jobs or getting involved with our campaigns.

Onward,

Erin

Recruitment Organizer

Corporate Accountability International