[COMM-ORG] immigration reform organizing

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sat Mar 20 11:19:57 CDT 2010

From: "PICO National Network" <news at piconetwork.org>

PICO Leaders Embark on Cross-Country Bus Tour for Immigration Reform

Today, dozens of PICO leaders will board a bus in San Francisco and
make their way across the United States, holding prayer rallies,
vigils, and press conferences in 9 cities to show the widespread
support that exists for Comprehensive Immigration Reform for American
families.

The riders start their journey at a unique moment in our country's
history.  With political gridlock stalling much needed progress in
Washington, our faith values remind us that American families can no
longer wait for immigration reform.  The goal of the bus tour is to put
Comprehensive Immigration Reform back on the table in Congress.

The pilgrimage will visit San Francisco, Oakland, and Sacramento, CA;
Reno, NV; Salt Lake City, UT; Denver, CO, Kansas City, MO; Columbus, OH
and then finally join an anticipated 100,000 people across the United
States in Washington D.C. to participate in the March for America.

Here are a few easy ways to show your support for the riders!

JOIN THE BUS TOUR:

-- Attend one of our rallies across the nation or in D.C. - visit
http://capwiz.com/piconetwork/utr/1/CUOZMFGHGM/LPCNMFIQLT/4857050741 for
an itinerary

-- Pledge to call your Senators on the same day that riders will be
visiting them on Capitol Hill, this Monday, March 22 - take the pledge
at
http://capwiz.com/piconetwork/utr/1/CUOZMFGHGM/KZAMMFIQLU/4857050741

FOLLOW THE BUS TOUR:

-- Follow us on Twitter (you can also search for the hash tag #ctfa) -
http://capwiz.com/piconetwork/utr/1/CUOZMFGHGM/MVQSMFIQLV/4857050741

-- Sign up for Text Message Updates - English
(http://capwiz.com/piconetwork/utr/1/CUOZMFGHGM/GZCYMFIQLW/4857050741)
or Espanol
(http://capwiz.com/piconetwork/utr/1/CUOZMFGHGM/OHEDMFIQLX/4857050741

SUPPORT THE BUS TOUR:

-- Make a financial donation today at
http://capwiz.com/piconetwork/utr/1/CUOZMFGHGM/AVGGMFIQLY/4857050741

You can learn more about the bus tour at
http://capwiz.com/piconetwork/utr/1/CUOZMFGHGM/DGOIMFIQLZ/4857050741