[COMM-ORG] Resource to strengthen intra-organizational accountability

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 17 09:01:30 CDT 2010

[ed:  these resources have been added to the COMM-ORG CO Training page
at http://comm-org.wisc.edu/page.php?24 ]

From: Rabbi Moshe ben Asher & Magidah Khulda bat Sarah
<kharakim at sbcglobal.net>

We have recently added our "Workshop on Intra-Organizational
Accountability and Confrontation" to the Gather the People
(http://www.gatherthepeople.org) organizing resources web page
(http://www.gatherthepeople.org/Pages/DLresources.htm).

The eight-page workshop outline is geared to train members, leaders, and
organizers on the essentials of intra-organizational accountability and
confrontation, with particular focus on overcoming failure to challenge
malfeasance and nonfeasance from anxiety or fear at the prospect of
confrontation. The workshop is also geared to develop within the
organization a "culture of accountability."

If members or leaders of your community, congregational, or parish
organization are reluctant to hold one another accountable for living up
to their commitments and responsibilities, this workshop may be just
what's needed to transform the situation.

Moshe ben Asher