[COMM-ORG] Shelterforce will turn 36 next year and we'd like you to help us celebrate

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 14 08:54:59 CST 2010

  From: Matthew Hersh <mhersh at nhi.org>

6 x 6: Shelterforce will turn 36 next year and we'd like you to help us
celebrate!

Community Developers 36 and Under: Call for Nominees

Are you, or someone you know, a community development leader 36 years
old or younger, bringing your talents to the community development world
and making a difference in our neighborhoods? Nominate yourself, or a
colleague: the only rules are that nominees must be 36 or younger in
2011 and work in the community development field in some way.

Send us a brief bio of the nominee, including organizations he or she
has worked for and what role he or she plays there. We'd also like to
know where the nominee is located now.

We'll select 36 of nominees to submit 360 words on how they've seen the
community development world change during their time in it (however long
or short that might be) and how they think it ought to change in the
next 6 to 36 years. Six of these perspectives will be published in our
print anniversary edition in 2011, and all of them will be published
inShelterforce online.

Submit your nominee to: 6x6 at nhi.org.

Get Your Kicks On Route 66

Chicago, Tulsa, Albuquerque, Los Angeles . . . Route 66 runs through
them all. Most places along the highway have seen ups and downs, and
many have extraordinary people with important stories to be told. If you
know one, send us a note.

Submit your suggestions to: 6x6 at nhi.org.

You Say It's Your Birthday?

1975 saw the birth of Shelterforce, HMDA, and the Low Income Housing
Information Service. It was a good year. Was your organization started
in 1975? Was an important piece of legislation passed in 1975 in your
state or community that's made a difference? Let us know and we'll
celebrate that too.

  Submit your suggestions to: 6x6 at nhi.org.