[COMM-ORG] FW: SNCC Women's book/HANDS ON THE FREEDOM PLOW - NYU- Dec. 14 at 6 pm

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue Dec 7 09:14:17 CST 2010

  FW: SNCC Women's book/HANDS ON THE FREEDOM PLOW - NYU- Dec. 14 at 6 pm
From: "Betty G. Robinson" <bettygrobinson at gmail.com>

Hi good friends in New York City, I hope this e-mail finds you well and
I know you are working overtime doing your important work for justice.
Here is an event where you can hear about and get our fabulous SNCC
women’s anthology – HANDS ON THE FREEDOM PLOW: Personal Accounts of
Women in SNCC. The book, of which I am one of the 6 editors, has 54
stories by women in the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee and it
talks about the organizing we did as women back in the 1960’s. We have
been holding events in various cities, all to rave reviews and the books
usually sell out. The book is now in its second printing – of course the
publisher and all of us associated with the book are really pleased! It
would be terrific if you could spread the word – I have a leaflet I can
send if you e-mail me directly if it would be helpful in spreading the
word. I would LOVE to see any comm.-org colleagues there!

HANDS ON THE FREEDOM PLOW: Personal Accounts by Women in SNCC

NYU/TAMIMENT LIBRARY (Bobst Library opposite Washington Square)
Tuesday, December 14 (6:00 - 8:00 pm)
Panel discussion (with 4 of the 6 editors) + book signing

Visit us on Facebook: link to our page: Hands on the freedom Plow:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=130832150301824