[COMM-ORG] job: web/graphic designer, union, Florida, with salary info.

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Mon Dec 6 14:41:42 CST 2010

  From:     Patrick Masterson <patrick at potomacgroupllc.com>

Hi all,

Here is a web/graphic designer position for 1199 United Healthcare
Workers East. Someone with campaign or organizing experience and a
graphic background would be a perfect fit...

1199mUNITED HEALTHCARE WORKERS EAST

POSITION: Web/Graphic Designer

ASSIGNMENT: Political Action Department
LOCATION: Miami Lakes, Florida

CLASSIFICATION: Permanent (Exempt) 1199SEIU, United Healthcare Workers
East is the largest health care union in the country representing over
300,000 hospital, nursing home, home care and
human service workers in New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Washington,
D.C., Massachusetts and Florida. 1199 is committed to increasing our
membership to raise standards in the health care
industry and to building a strong democratic union focused on membership
participation and leadership development.

RESPONSIBILITIES

     * New media: Design websites, email blasts and online ads.
     * Graphic design: Design mailers, flyers, booklets and other
printed material for our political and PAC campaigns. Design t--‐shirts,
buttons, and other union items.
     * Paid media: Design newspaper ads, billboards, etc.
     * Logo development: Collaborate with communications staff to
develop overall, cohesive visual themes, messaging and logos for union
projects and political campaigns.
     * Production coordination: Coordinate with printing and mail house
vendors to make sure materials are delivered on time and bills are paid
in a timely manner.
     * Archiving: Help to ensure that our files are well archived and
easily accessible by other staff.

QUALIFICATIONS

     • At least 2 years experience in hands--‐on web and print design
and production.
     • Preferably a Bachelor's in design, Masters in design a plus.
     • Prior experience working for a progressive political campaign,
non--‐profit organization or union preferred.
     • Excellent ability to work closely with a team, accommodate
requests from team members, and assimilate input from multiple sources.

     * Excellent inter--‐personal skills, a positive, enthusiastic
attitude and a commitment to contribute to a positive work environment.
     * Proficiency in all necessary print and web design programs,
including Quark, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop/Adobe Bridge,
Dreamweaver, HTML, JavaScript, CSS, Flash, ActionScript, multimedia
production.
     * Fundamental knowledge of databases.
     * Excellent visual, written and verbal communications skills.
     * Deep commitment to labor movement and progressive causes.
     * Must thrive in an environment with tight deadlines, high pressure
and irregular hours.
     * Must work well as part of a team and be able to assimilate input
for materials from multiple team members.

GENERAL INFORMATION

$51,500 salary with generous benefits (health insurance and pension).

TO APPLY

     Submit a résumé and cover letter to: assistance at PotomacGroupLLC.com

DEADLINE: Rolling until filled.

Please note: We apologize, but we are only able to respond to candidates
that are chosen for interviews. 1199/SEIU is an equal opportunity employer.