[COMM-ORG] PICO and NPA financial reform organizing

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sat Dec 4 09:03:25 CST 2010

  [ed:  this is interesting for its cross-network collaboration.]

From: PICO National Network <news at piconetwork.org>

To view this message in a browser:
http://www.actonsoftware.com/acton/rif/710/s-00a6-1012/-/l-sf-cl-70140000000StTWAA0-0089:db0/l-sf-cl-70140000000StTWAA0-0089/showPreparedMessage

Attorneys General are investigating the big banks and they need to hear
from you.

http://www.piconetwork.org/act?id=0013

Attorneys General in all 50 states are investigating the big bank
practices that led to the foreclosure crisis. We need to let the AGs
know that Americans expect and demand REAL solutions that help keep
millions of families in their homes.

PICO clergy and homeowner leaders will come together with Iowa CCI, an
affiliate of National People's Action, and other community organizations
across the country, to meet with Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller on
December 14. Miller is leading the effort to investigate and litigate
against the banks. He needs to hear your story.

http://www.piconetwork.org/act?id=0013

Our goal is to collect and hand-deliver 1,000 stories to Tom Miller and
the other AGs at this meeting on December 14 - stories of homeowners who
have been treated unfairly by big banks, who have had their loan
paperwork lost or destroyed, or who have seen the devastation that
foreclosures have caused in their neighborhood.

This is a big moment in the fight to make the banks fix their
foreclosure mess. But, we won't get what we need for homeowners unless
we show Attorneys General just how bad the crisis is.

Tell your story today - Fill out the Homeowner Story Form

http://www.piconetwork.org/act?id=0013

PLEASE PASS THIS EMAIL ON to your friends and family.