[COMM-ORG] Tuesday: Forum on Displacement in El Barrio

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 1 20:15:02 CST 2010

  [ed:  apologies for the delay on this.  Remember that it can sometimes
take a couple of days for me to catch up with messages.]

From: Movement for Justice in El Barrio
<movementforjusticeinelbarrio at yahoo.com>

Please circulate widely

Join us this Tuesday at 7 p.m. for an important conversation on the
deliberate efforts of Mayor Bloomberg, Council Member Mark-Viverito, and
others to gentrify and displace longtime residents of East Harlem.
Although she has deceitfully promoted herself as a "progressive" and
"pro-community" politician, she has not fooled the people of El Barrio.
We know the truth behind the millionaire Mark-Viverito and her appalling
voting record, which consistently puts the interests of the wealthy at
the expense of her constituency.

Movement for Justice in El Barrio

Presents

A Night on Gentrification & Displacement in El Barrio:

Building a united front against the major forces and individuals driving
the gentrification of East Harlem.

Film screening and discussion with:

Fernando Salicrup, Taller Boricua
Nellie Bailey, Harlem Tenants Council
Tom DeMott, Coalition to Preserve Community
Members of Movement for Justice in El Barrio

Tuesday, November 30th, 7-9 p.m.
Julia De Burgos Latino Cultural Center
1680 Lexington Ave. (between 105Th and 106Th St.)

For more information, contact Movement for Justice in El Barrio at (212)
561-0555 or movementforjusticeinelbarrio at yahoo.com