[COMM-ORG] query: Reading(s) on the Tea Party?

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 18 16:36:49 CDT 2010

  [ed:  thanks to Peter for posting the results of his query.]

From: Peter Dreier <dreier at oxy.edu>

Colleagues:

Thanks to folks on the H-Labor and the Community Organizing list-serves
for responding to my request for readings about the Tea Party to use in
my community organizing course this fall.  Quite a few people asked me
to collect these suggested readings and send the list to them, so here
they are, listed below. If anyone still has any other articles or
reports on the Tea Party, please send them along. Thank you.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2009/oct/22/something-new-on-the-mall/

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2010/05/03/100503fa_fact_lepore

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/15/us/politics/15poll.html

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2010/may/27/tea-party-jacobins/ and

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2010/aug/19/tea-party-jacobins-exchange/

http://www.tomdispatch.com/blog/175247/tomgram:_greg_grandin,_does_the_tea_party_run_on_race/

http://www.playboy.com/articles/rogues-of-k-street/index.html?page=1

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0310/34751.html

http://www.samadamsalliance.org/media/7936/early_adopters_report.pdf

http://motherjones.com/politics/2010/08/bob-inglis-tea-party-casualty

Peter Dreier

_______________________

Peter Dreier

E.P. Clapp Distinguished Professor of Politics

Chair, Urban & Environmental Policy Program

Occidental College

1600 Campus Road

Los Angeles, CA 90041

Phone: (323) 259-2913

Website: http://employees.oxy.edu/dreier

"The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who in time of crisis
remain neutral" - Dante