[COMM-ORG] VOP gets a new name

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 17 13:54:58 CDT 2010

  From: Janice Jay Johnson Virginia Organizing
<e-action at virginia-organizing.org>

Dear friends,
It was wonderful to see many of you this weekend as we celebrated our
15th anniversary in Richmond. For those of you who could not make it, we
had a great time celebrating with over 200 wonderful supporters from all
across the state. The group that gathered in Richmond on Saturday got
the first peek at our new logo and were also on hand for our big
announcement: Virginia Organizing Project will now be known as Virginia
Organizing!

We hope you will agree that dropping the word "project" from our name
reflects our permanence. We want our name to reflect our mission, which
is long-term change in Virginia. The word "project" sounds temporary to
some and make no mistake about it, we are in this for the long haul.

Despite a new name and new logo, our work and our challenges remain the
same. And although these challenges mount every day, we can be
optimistic for the next 15 years. We have the people working together as
part of a strong organization that speaks truth to power. We will
continue to listen to the people most affected, encourage them to raise
their voices, hold rallies, write letters, monitor legislation, promote
civic engagement and hold our elected leaders accountable.

The name changes but not the ideal. The logo changes but not the people.

We are Virginia Organizing -- both as an organization and as actions
that will create real, lasting change. I'm proud of Virginia Organizing
and I am proud to work with each and every one of you as we move forward
for a more just Virginia.

Sincerely,

Janice "Jay" Johnson

Chairperson

P.S  Please enjoy our retrospective 15th anniversary video
http://www.virginia-organizing.org/content/virginia-organizing-celebrates-15-years-organizing
here and please help support our next 15 years of work by
https://npo.networkforgood.org/Donate/Donate.aspx?npoSubscriptionId=1001579
clicking here to donate.

703 Concord Avenue

Charlottesville, VA 22903-5208

(434) 984-4655 &bull;   (434) 984-2803 fax

http://www.virginia-organizing.org www.virginia-organizing.org

http://twitter.com/VAOrganizing
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Virginia-Organizing-Project/384858921170?ref=sgm