[COMM-ORG] query: Reading(s) on the Tea Party?

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 11 10:19:05 CDT 2010

  [ed:  Karen continues the conversation.]

From: "Gray, Karen A." <karen.gray at ou.edu>

Peter, would you please share any results? I was disappointed in the New
Yorker article, too.

I'm having trouble defining them as organizing or mobilizing. Are they
building an organization? Are they multi-issue? Are they developing
leadership? I tend to agree with an NPR commentator: the media is making
them more (powerful, organized, focused, etc.) than they really are.
Thanks,
KG