[COMM-ORG] New COMM-ORG website

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 9 18:12:41 CDT 2010

  Hi COMM-ORG,

Just in time for fall semester, the COMM-ORG website
(http://comm-org.wisc.edu)has been revamped.  All the important web
addresses (papers, syllabi, list messages) are in the same place.  So
especially those of you linking to papers won't have to change anything.

The main change is the addition of three new resource sections:  food,
youth, and immigrants.  These seem to be hot areas for organizing these
days.  So if you have links to resources that focus on community
organizing (not service organizations or non-representative advocacy
groups) with those issues/groups, please send them to help build those
sections.

And if you find any errors, please let me know.  Right now there is no
user login or signup system for the website (the list-serve signup and
login remains the same).  There was very little interaction on the
website itself, and that is one of the biggest security risks, so I am
debating whether to restore it.

And for anyone interested in the details, the old content management
system software I was using the for site experienced a number of
security problems recently, and now has become a target for all kinds of
web attacks.  So I've had to put everything on a completely new system.
So it's a little sloppy in places still because I wanted to just make
sure everyone could access the site.

Thanks,

Randy Stoecker
moderator/editor, COMM-ORG