[COMM-ORG] fixed problems with colist

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Aug 4 09:56:32 CDT 2010

  Hi COMM-ORG,

A number have probably either not been getting messages from COMM-ORG or
have been getting them only intermittently.  I apologize for that.

There is a long technical explanation, but the short story is that mail
servers are, because of spammers and other evil e-mailers, becoming more
and more picky about who they will accept mail from.  That requires all
servers that send mail to be identified on their own network in certain
ways.  COMM-ORG was not identified in all the correct ways.  I finally
figured that out and got the network folks here to put the correct
identification of my server in their server.

So things should be working for you now.  As always, if you ever do have
a problem, please contact me.

Randy Stoecker
moderator/editor, COMM-ORG
rstoecker at wisc.edu