[COMM-ORG] VOP honored as Community Change Champion

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Mon Nov 9 14:12:34 CST 2009

[ed: congratulations to VOP.]

From: Virginia Organizing Project <e-action at virginia-organizing.org>

Forward this newsletter to a friend

703 Concord Avenue
Charlottesville, VA 22903-5208
(434) 984-4655 • (434) 984-2803 fax
www.virginia-organizing.org

We are thrilled to announce that on the evening of Thursday, November
19, 2009, our very own Virginia Organizing Project (VOP) will be honored
with a Community Change Champions Award from the Center for Community
Change (CCC)! This event is CCC's opportunity to recognize four
extraordinary individuals and two organizations that have made a deep
and meaningful impact to further the transformative change we strive for
every day.

The Community Change Champions Award was established by the Center in
2005 to recognize champions from diverse fields - philanthropy, the
arts, academia, public service, and community organizing - who work to
focus attention on and change the conditions that create poverty, and
who build power in communities of color. All six awardees CCC selected
have a strong dedication and commitment to low-income communities and
disenfranchised constituencies throughout our country.

To see the invitation and for ticket information go to
http://www.communitychange.org/champions.

I hope you'll be able to join us as we celebrate VOP's election as a
2009 Community Change Champion!