[COMM-ORG] Announcing PTP’s New Executive Director

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Wed Feb 4 09:03:35 CST 2009

From: "Progressive Technology Project"

<Progressive_Technology_Project at mail.vresp.com>

Dear friend,

The Board and Staff of PTP are thrilled to announce Arif Mamdani as the
new Executive Director of Arif MamdaniProgressive Technology Project!
We're especially excited to have Arif because of the leadership role he
has played in increasing PTP's commitment to adding value to the
organizing community through deeper and more comprehensive engagement.
He has been exceptional as PTP’s Capacity Building Director in the last
six years, leading our Community Organizing and Technology Institutes
(COaTIs), TechCamps and workshops. Arif's Biography

While there are many reasons that the board chose to appoint Arif, the
simple fact is that he is the ideal fit for the position: he has the
skills, necessary experience, and deep knowledge of the work and field
to move us forward and to give PTP a very seamless transition. As part
of the PTP team, Arif has been intimately involved with planning PTP's
strategic direction. He is part of a new generation of leaders who early
on saw the importance of adapting technology to organizing needs.

Arif comes in on the heels of six years of outstanding leadership from
Mark Sherman who is stepping down as PTP’s Executive Director due to his
strong belief in passing on leadership. Mark came to PTP in challenging
times and has led us to a point of great strength in our staff capacity,
fundraising, and role in the organizing world. Mark will stay on into
the spring (which comes late in Minnesota!) to support the transition.

We have a full calendar this year of splendid programming for organizing
groups across the country and we’re fortunate to have the expertise of
Arif and a very strong staff team. We’re offering trainings on
communications and technology, databases and technology planning, online
social networking, and basic office software skills. These are all
designed to bring entire community organizations up to speed with
technology and to help groups integrate technology more deeply into the
life of their organization for them to be more successful. You can find
more details on our web site at http://progressivetech.org/

Thank you for you continued work and support of PTP. Please take a
minute to send a note of support to Arif at
amamdani at progressivetech.org. You can always contact me or any other
member of PTP’s board or staff with any questions you have – about this
transition or any of PTP’s program activities.

In Solidarity,
Bineshi Albert

balbert at communitychange.org
Board Chair, Progressive Technology Project (PTP)

Progressive Technology Project
2801 21st Av S STE 132E
Minneapolis, MN 55407