ACORN and voter registration

Discussion list for COMM-ORG colist at comm-org.wisc.edu
Sat Oct 18 13:34:41 CDT 2008

[ed:  thanks to Doug for further info.]

From: dougrhess at aol.com

As ACORN comes under fire in various states and from the right (with
charges that used to only float around in the far-right conspiracy
theory blogosphere, but are now getting some mainstream attention), I
would hope that people please consider correcting distortions and
calling politicians, journalists and pundits out whenever bald face lies
show up in your local paper or airwaves. ACORN has been posting a ton of
information on its website www.acorn.org to correct these distortions.
Go there to get the facts for your letters, editorials, etc.

Anybody that is interested in civil rights should be speaking out after
hearing Sen. McCain say ACORN was planning one of the largest campaigns
of election fraud in U.S. history. Talk about a bad memory.

-Doug

Regarding the scandalous ACORN "scandal": Another excellent sourse,
besides www.acorn.org of course, is the Project Vote site and blog
www.projectvote.org and some good research and background can be found
at www.talkingpointsmemo.com

-Doug Hess (Project Vote consultant)